Saturday 17th August sees The Steadfast Group ‘’Yomping’’ around Kielder Water. A gruelling 27 miles all in aid of the ‘’First Light Trust’’, a charity close to the teams’ heart.
The Kielder Challenge Walk which encircles the Reservoir, has become one of the most popular challenge walks in Northumberland over the past few years.
FirstLight Trust is The Steadfast Group’s new designated charity, and the walk is targeted with raising much needed funds to help the charity continue delivering their amazing work.
The charity supports:
- Any veteran from the armed forces including reservists
- Anyone who served in the emergency services
- Any serviceman or woman who is about to leave or is going through transition
The help the charity provides comes in all forms from:
- Making sure you have the right benefits, allowances and pensions
- Getting you the right medical treatment
- Sorting out debt problems
- Rehabilitation and support for drug and alcohol problems
- Volunteering work
- Writing CVs to help in getting back to work
The Steadfast Group management visited FirstLight Trust’s Redcar branch last month and had the pleasure of speaking to the branches Trustee, Dorinda Wolfe Murray.
Dorinda spoke very passionately about the charity and how help from companies like the Steadfast Group, are helping homeless veterans who’ve fallen on bad times, get off the streets and get their lives back on track.
If you would like to know more about this Charity, please visit https://www.firstlighttrust.co.uk
We’ll keep you updated and inform you how you can support us on this challenge.